I think it's really interesting how the Armenians were the minority, yet they were the educated. Usually the minority is considered stupid, yet that isn't true in this case. The Armenians obviously had more worldly knowledge than the Turks. They knew how to read and write, as well. I would have expected them to come up with some kind of plan to get out of the genocide earlier. The Turks, in my opinion, were a bunch of lazy, power-hungry, brutal pigs who only were interested in benefitting themselves. I don't even think the sultans were interested in benefitting their own country. Knowing that the Armenians were educated just adds to the struggle they went through; I can't imagine being a smart Armenian and knowing that I'm stuck under an uneducated ruler. It seems almost crazy.
About me
Text
What is my favorite kind of ice cream?
Followers
About Me
Powered by Blogger.
Blog Archive
Weather
©2008. All rights Reserved The Educated vs. the Uneducated

1 comments:
There were probably many ideas of revolution and maybe some unheard of attempts at it. The Armenians may have been more intelligent, but they lacked numbers, weapons and military training. They also would have a hard time organizing a resistance because of the constant dying they had to face on a daily basis.
Post a Comment