Saving Private Ryan

on Friday, May 13, 2011

Today we watched the first scene from Saving Private Ryan.  I've seen this movie twice before, and I love it.  I think it's so realistic, and I love the story behind it.  Watching it today, though, I realized that I understood everything better now.  It definitely was heartbreaking to watch all of these soldiers die after thirty seconds of the invasion.  I can't imagine training for years and then getting shot right when the boat got to shore.  I also can't imagine being on that beach, with bleeding men everywhere you look.  I'd be so scared and wonder what I got myself into.  Those soldiers who did that are so brave, because I know that many people wouldn't have had the courage that they did.

1 comments:

Jessica Newman said...

I totally agree with you with Lindsay about having trained for years and the to die in the first minute, thats tough!

Post a Comment