After reading about the men who were the firsts to die on D-Day, it really made me think. Some point fingers and say that those men's lives were "wasted." However, I don't agree with that at all. I don't think their lives were wasted; they had tremendous courage and bravery, even if it wasn't for that long. They helped those around them and were great leaders. They left a lot behind, but I'm sure if you could ask them now if they regret joining the fight, they'd say no. He did something really honorable for his country. I think that calling their lives a waste is very disrespectful.
About me
Text
What is my favorite kind of ice cream?
Followers
About Me
Powered by Blogger.
Blog Archive
Weather
©2008. All rights Reserved D-Day Death

2 comments:
I agree that these men had staggering amounts of courage and bravery, and their deaths exemplified that to the fullest. I also believe that calling their lives a waste is very disrespectful because it implies that the soldiers didn't live to their expectations. They may have lived for only minutes of the attack, but they did their jobs.
I agree with you that their lives were not a "waste", but I do think that they did not deserve to die in that way. A lot of these men were so courageous and selfless that it is a shame they did not survive the war.
Post a Comment