Russians were not allowed to leave the city when the Germans were pouring in. They were ordered to stay there no matter what. Even pregnant women could not flee. I understand that they didn't want to be seen as the side that retreated first, but I think that that's pushing the limits. Innocent civilians should not be involved in this at all. Yes, they should support their army, but making them stay in a dangerous city that's being destroyed is just plain selfish.
©2008. All rights Reserved Being a Russian at this time.

3 comments:
I agree. I think it was ridiculous how the Russians were making their citizens; most of whom were helpless, stay in the city because they did not want them to retreat. The leaders were letting pride get to their heads
I agree. They should have let the women and children that weren't fighting be able to go to another city to be safe. They weren't helping the armies so i don't get why they had to stay.
I agree with you Linds. Honestly what advantage is it to the Russians to have their children and women and especially pregnant women stay in the city and not retreat? It doesn't do anyone any good.
Post a Comment