The U.S., a world superpower.

on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I honestly did not realize how powerful the U.S. is in the world today.  Our navy is very strong, and we control the seas.  That is a big deal, since water is a main way of transporting goods.  However, this could eventually lead to a problem because other countries may be discomforted about the fact that they have to revolve around what the United States wants.  Obviously problems will arise.  Also, the U.S. has control over international trading.  This is a major benefit for us.  We are able to regulate basically everything.  If we were not getting along with another country, we could potentially cut off all transport of goods to them.  The only thing I'm wondering about is what would happen if the U.S. suddenly got challenged by another power.  China is progressing more and more, and this could be a potential threat to our future.

2 comments:

katie becker said...

I agree with you when you say that the U.S. is very strong, but compared to other powerful kingdoms or countries from the past, we are not the strong. I like your points about our national trading and how we control everything over the water..kind of like the sea rulers.

Ryan Cooper said...

Yeah i will agree with everything you said there lindsay. Its pretty insane on how controlling USA actually is on our little planet, but yes China could be fear among the world in the near future which could possibly bring some kind of worry to us.

Post a Comment